1 lb. ground beef/turkey (we prefer turkey)
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp of prepared garlic
29 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 C water (this can be optional depending on the consistency and how long you cook it)
1 tsp oregano
8 oz package of lasagna noodles uncooked
4 cups (16 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1- 1/2 cups (12 oz) small curd cottage cheese (I use fat free)
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook meat, onion, and garlic together in saucepan until browned. Drain.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, water, salt, and oregano. Mix well.
3. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Spread one fourth of meat sauce. Arrange one third of noodles over sauce.
4. Combine the cheeses spoon one third of mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
5. Cover. Cook on low 4-5 hours.
**Note: if you do not have all of the ingredients you need to make the marinara sauce you can simply replace step two with pouring in your favorite marinara sauce. It would probably take an entire jar.
** This recipe can a lot of times taste better the next day. It may be best to turn off the heat and let the juices settle 15-20 minutes before serving. ENJOY!