Muscle Fitness website
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1½ medium onions, chopped
- 18 oz 95% lean ground beef
- 1½ 24-oz jars pasta sauce
- 1½ cup canned low-sodium Great Northern beans (rinsed)
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 12 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 12 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a medium-size sauce pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Once garlic browns slightly, add zucchini and onions. Sauté until onions become translucent.
2. Add ground beef, stir, and cook until beef is browned. Mix in pasta sauce, beans, and baby spinach. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. While the sauce is simmering, slice the tops off the peppers and remove core, seeds, and white membrane from inside peppers. Place peppers in a 9-by-13 baking dish with ¼ inch of water in the pan.
4. Fill each pepper with meat/vegetable sauce. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Spoon 1 tbsp of cheese onto each pepper, then bake for another 10 minutes.